Updated Apr 9, 2014 - 10:40 pm
D-backs' Paul Goldschmidt continues his dominance over Giants' Tim Lincecum with three-run shot
He still can't find a way to retire Arizona Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt.
In Wednesday night's 7-3 victory, Goldschmidt golfed a 1-1 offering from Lincecum over the right field wall for a three-run shot -- marking just the 22nd time in AT&T Park's 15-year history that a right-handed hitter has ever gone deep to that part of the ballpark.
The long ball was Goldschmidt's second of the season -- both of which have come off of Lincecum.
In fact, last season's National League MVP runner-up has 13 hits against Lincecum in 24 career at-bats. And of those 13 hits, seven have cleared the fences.
Goldschmidt's seven home runs off of Lincecum are the most he has against any opposing pitcher. Left-hander Chris Capuano is second on that list by a considerable margin, having allowed three home runs to Goldschmidt in his career.
In fact, Goldschmidt's power prowess when facing the 29-year-old puts him in pretty elite company. Among active players, his 3.43 at-bat/home run ratio against Linecum is the second-highest in all of baseball, falling just short of New York Yankees first baseman Mark Teixeira's 3.14 clip against Kansas City Royals left-hander Bruce Chen.
Paul Goldschmidt's home runs vs. Tim Lincecum (2011-14):
||Distance||Part of Ballpark
|9/25/12||3||3||358 Feet||Left Field
|4/9/14||1||3||340 Feet||Right Field
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.