Little goes right for D-backs in latest loss to Giants: By The Numbers
Here's a look at the D-backs' eighth loss of the season, by the numbers.
Giants hurler Tim Hudson has started two games this season, both against the D-backs. He's allowed a total of two earned runs -- all of which came in Tuesday's game.
D-backs third baseman Martin Prado collected three hits on the afternoon, accounting for nearly half of the team's entire total. It was Prado's third straight multi-hit game.
D-backs starter Trevor Cahill lasted just 3.2 innings in this one, allowing five earned runs on eight hits with one walk and five strikeouts.
The next time the Diamondbacks see Brandon Belt will be too soon. The San Francisco first baseman hit his fifth home run of the season in the first inning Tuesday. Of his five long balls, four have come against the Diamondbacks.
The D-backs needed 4.1 innings from their bullpen Tuesday, and were forced to use Ryan Rowland-Smith, Oliver Perez, Brad Ziegler and J.J. Putz.
The Giants' seventh run of the game was scored in the fifth inning, though it appeared that maybe it should not have counted, as Gregor Blanco appeared to have been tagged out by Miguel Montero at the plate. He was ruled safe on the field and the D-backs did not challenge, though, so the run stayed on the board.
The Diamondbacks now have eight losses on the season, needing only 10 games to reach that mark. Last season, they did not suffer their eighth loss until game 17.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.