Little goes right for D-backs in latest loss to Giants: By The Numbers
Here's a look at the D-backs' eighth loss of the season, by the numbers.
Giants hurler Tim Hudson has started two games this season, both against the D-backs. He's allowed a total of two earned runs -- all of which came in Tuesday's game.
D-backs third baseman Martin Prado collected three hits on the afternoon, accounting for nearly half of the team's entire total. It was Prado's third straight multi-hit game.
D-backs starter Trevor Cahill lasted just 3.2 innings in this one, allowing five earned runs on eight hits with one walk and five strikeouts.
The next time the Diamondbacks see Brandon Belt will be too soon. The San Francisco first baseman hit his fifth home run of the season in the first inning Tuesday. Of his five long balls, four have come against the Diamondbacks.
The D-backs needed 4.1 innings from their bullpen Tuesday, and were forced to use Ryan Rowland-Smith, Oliver Perez, Brad Ziegler and J.J. Putz.
The Giants' seventh run of the game was scored in the fifth inning, though it appeared that maybe it should not have counted, as Gregor Blanco appeared to have been tagged out by Miguel Montero at the plate. He was ruled safe on the field and the D-backs did not challenge, though, so the run stayed on the board.
The Diamondbacks now have eight losses on the season, needing only 10 games to reach that mark. Last season, they did not suffer their eighth loss until game 17.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.