Little goes right for D-backs in latest loss to Giants: By The Numbers
Here's a look at the D-backs' eighth loss of the season, by the numbers.
Giants hurler Tim Hudson has started two games this season, both against the D-backs. He's allowed a total of two earned runs -- all of which came in Tuesday's game.
D-backs third baseman Martin Prado collected three hits on the afternoon, accounting for nearly half of the team's entire total. It was Prado's third straight multi-hit game.
D-backs starter Trevor Cahill lasted just 3.2 innings in this one, allowing five earned runs on eight hits with one walk and five strikeouts.
The next time the Diamondbacks see Brandon Belt will be too soon. The San Francisco first baseman hit his fifth home run of the season in the first inning Tuesday. Of his five long balls, four have come against the Diamondbacks.
The D-backs needed 4.1 innings from their bullpen Tuesday, and were forced to use Ryan Rowland-Smith, Oliver Perez, Brad Ziegler and J.J. Putz.
The Giants' seventh run of the game was scored in the fifth inning, though it appeared that maybe it should not have counted, as Gregor Blanco appeared to have been tagged out by Miguel Montero at the plate. He was ruled safe on the field and the D-backs did not challenge, though, so the run stayed on the board.
The Diamondbacks now have eight losses on the season, needing only 10 games to reach that mark. Last season, they did not suffer their eighth loss until game 17.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?