D-backs send Patrick Corbin to 60-day DL; claim outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers
Corbin underwent Tommy John Surgery on March 25, and was placed on the 15-day disabled list on March 30 (retroactive to March 19).
In addition, the D-backs claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers from the San Francisco Giants and optioned him to Triple-A Reno.
The 27-year-old spent time in Triple-A Fresno last year, where he hit .273. He appeared in 38 games last season for the Giants, batting .202 with five runs batted in.
Kieschnick was looking to make the Giants roster this season, but was designated for assignment earlier this spring after hitting only .172 and striking out 13 times in 34 plate appearances.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.