D-backs send Patrick Corbin to 60-day DL; claim outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers
Corbin underwent Tommy John Surgery on March 25, and was placed on the 15-day disabled list on March 30 (retroactive to March 19).
In addition, the D-backs claimed outfielder Roger Kieschnick off waivers from the San Francisco Giants and optioned him to Triple-A Reno.
The 27-year-old spent time in Triple-A Fresno last year, where he hit .273. He appeared in 38 games last season for the Giants, batting .202 with five runs batted in.
Kieschnick was looking to make the Giants roster this season, but was designated for assignment earlier this spring after hitting only .172 and striking out 13 times in 34 plate appearances.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.