Updated Apr 2, 2014 - 12:50 pm
D-backs GM: No character flaws in Paul Goldschmidt
The NL MVP runner-up batted .302, hit 36 home runs and drove in 125 runs on his way to winning Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards and was also named to his first All-Star game.
According to D-backs GM Kevin Towers, it's not only what he does on the field, but it's what he does off of it that makes him unique.
"I have not found a flaw in this guy," Towers told Doug and Wolf of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Every day it's something else."
Towers recalled when Goldschmidt took time after batting practice to meet and sign autographs for a little league team from Austin, Texas also named the Diamondbacks. The experience with the first baseman turned them into die-hard D-backs fans.
The news of Goldschmidt's class act even made its way to the D-backs front office.
"I walked into Derrick Hall's office and I said, ‘This is unbelievable,'" Towers said.
"It is incredible what he does on the field and who he is as a person. That's just who he is and we are incredibly, incredibly fortunate to have Paul Goldschmidt wearing that Diamondback uniform because he is an incredible role model."
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.