D-backs' Gibson: Way too early to worry about the team
But following Monday's loss to the San Francisco Giants, where the D-backs coughed up a late four-run lead, that's exactly what they are.
The poor start has some fans concerned about the club's chances this year, but as a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said that's a little ridiculous.
"Off the top of my head, I'll say that's less than two percent of our games," the skipper said. "Would that worry you?"
The D-backs began their season by losing two games to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia, then returned home for a few more exhibition games before beginning a four-game set with the Giants at Chase Field.
And thus far, the team has yet to receive a quality start from either Wade Miley, Trevor Cahill or Brandon McCarthy, and the bullpen has not exactly been a pillar of strength.
But again, it's just three games out of 162.
"I would say anything that you do in your life, if you're worried about something as far into it as we are, you should go to some positive thinking training," the skipper said.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.