Diamondbacks Minor League pitcher Geremia Espinosa suspended for 50 games
Right-handed pitcher Geremia Espinosa has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. Espinosa, 17, is on the Diamondbacks' Dominican Summer League roster. His suspension will be effective at the start of the 2014 Dominican Summer League. He is a 6-foot-4, 180-pound pitcher who was born in Cotui, Domincan Republic.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Feny Arias and free agent pitcher Elou Jean were also suspended Saturday for 50 games for the same infraction.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.