The Pulse: Wade Miley expected to lead D-backs pitchers in wins
On Thursday, we wanted to know: With Patrick Corbin lost to Tommy John surgery for the year, who do you expect to step up and lead the team in wins?
Who will be the winningest D-backs starting pitcher in 2014?
The response from fans was overwhelmingly in favor of Wade Miley being that guy, with 242 of the 512 who voted tapping him as the winningest D-backs starter. Bronson Arroyo garnered the next most votes, with 122 (24 percent). Of the names given, which also included Archie Bradley, Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy, voters had the least faith in Cahill, who only got 27 votes (five percent).
Last season, Miley was second to Corbin in wins among Diamondbacks pitchers, with 10. Cahill had eight McCarthy had just five in 2013. Arroyo, who pitched for the Reds last year, had 14 wins -- as many as Corbin, who led the Diamondbacks.
Of the pitchers listed in the poll, Cahill has the most previous wins in a single season, with 18 in 2010. McCarthy, meanwhile, has never pitched to double-digit wins in a single season of his career -- something Miley has done in both of his years in the big leagues.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.