Updated Mar 25, 2014 - 1:32 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks left-hander Patrick Corbin underwent season-ending, Tommy John surgery
"He did have the Tommy John surgery today and it was done by Dr. Andrews in Pensacola," Trammell said Tuesday. "Other than that, I don't know any other details.
"It's a long road back. But it's a road I'm for certain that he'll do everything in his power to get back from. It's a setback for him and for us, but again you have to deal with these things. It's unfortunate."
Corbin, who made his first All-Star appearance with a 14-11 record and 3.41 ERA in 2013, first experienced tightness in his left forearm after a Cactus League outing against the Cleveland Indians March 15.
An MRI later revealed that the 24-year-old had damage to the ulnar collateral ligament in his left elbow and would likely require season-ending surgery.
While the loss is a big one for the D-backs' rotation, Trammell noted that every team sustains its fair share of bumps and bruises during the 162-game marathon season.
"He's a great kid," said Trammell. "But you now think about Daniel Hudson and going through two and the guys from Atlanta. That's two guys for them going through two of them. Why do they happen? I don't have that answer. I wish I knew. It's unfortunate, but every club in baseball has to deal with these things.
"We're dealing with it now. We'll see what happens. Again, it's an opportunity. Every time these things happen it's an opportunity for somebody to step up. Hopefully that happens here."
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.