Charges dropped against D-backs announcer
Team Spanish-language announcer Miguel Perez Quintana was arrested July 15 and later charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage.
Maricopa County Superior Court records say a judge dismissed the charges against the 53-year-old Quintana on March 11 at prosecutors' request.
County Attorney's Office spokesman Jerry Cobb did not immediately respond Tuesday to a request for an explanation of the motion.
Quintana had pleaded not guilty, and court records indicate he rejected at least one plea offer.
The Diamondbacks had suspended Quintana pending resolution of the case.
The Diamondbacks did not immediately respond to an inquiry on Quintana's status with the team.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.