Matt Tuiasosopo claimed off waivers by Blue Jays
Tuiasosopo, who will turn 28 in May, was hitting just .118/.205/.147 in 39 plate appearances this spring. He has struck out 14 times while accruing four walks.
The outfielder was selected off of waivers by the Diamondbacks in November, after playing in 81 games for the Detroit Tigers last season, hitting .244/ .351/ .415 in 191 plate appearances. He added seven home runs and 30 RBI to his 2013 efforts.
Tuiasosopo is currently in Sydney, Australia with the Diamondbacks and it is unknown as to when he'll report to Blue Jays camp in Dunedin, Fla.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.