Updated Mar 14, 2014 - 1:49 pm
Bronson Arroyo feeling better since scratched spring start
"He's much better today," D-backs Manager Kirk Gibson said Friday. "He's going to throw again today and hopefully throw a bullpen session Sunday, and if he's better, three days later we might get him in a simulation game.
"You can tell he knows he feels better too just by his attitude and the way he's carrying himself around. He's a little more talkative today."
The 37-year-old will not travel to Australia with the team, staying in the country with fellow pitchers Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley. They will be designated as the three "inactive" players, while the rest of the full roster will be announced Saturday.
Arroyo, who has not spent time on the disabled list in the past nine seasons, has not been ruled out for the D-backs home opener against the San Francisco Giants that is scheduled for March 31.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.