Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
And maybe even better.
The right-hander has allowed three hits in 6.1 innings, striking out nine and walking four. He may not have done enough to earn a spot on the Opening Day roster, but he will be making the trip to Australia with the team to pitch in an exhibition game on March 21.
"I can't tell you how excited I am for that," Bradley told the Arizona Diamondbacks television broadcast on Fox Sports Arizona Sunday. "I just wanted to come into spring and learn, absorb as much information as I can, and just compete, see where I can end up this spring.
"I don't know when they decided this, but I feel like with what I've done here in camp and with what I've shown them, you know, they're giving me a chance to prove something and I'm going to take it head on. I'm excited and I think it's going to be a really fun time over there."
Of course, the end game for Bradley isn't pitching a meaningless game in a foreign country. No, he is supposed to be the team's ace of the future, a pitcher who will lead the rotation and team into the postseason.
And as far as his elevation to the big leagues, it seems to be a matter of when, not if. There's no rush from Bradley's end, though.
"I feel very good with where I'm at this spring and with where my arm is and where everything's going," he said. "I'm just having fun and learning a lot."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.