Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 4:25 pm
D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
The 32-year-old Perez has 11 years of Major League experience and has posted a 62-75 career mark with a 4.53 ERA in 300 appearances (195 starts).
A native of Culiacan, Mexico, Perez has had big league stops with the San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets and Seattle Mariners.
In 2013, Perez pitched in 61 games out of the Seattle bullpen, going 3-3 with a 3.74 ERA in 53 innings of work.
Perez ranks third in career strikeouts among Mexican-born MLB pitchers with 1,224 and is tied for ninth in wins. He becomes the ninth Mexican native in D-backs' history joining Karim Garcia, Erubiel Durazo, Armando Reynoso, Oscar Villarreal, Edgar Gonzalez, Elmer Dessens, Rodrigo Lopez and Dennys Reyes.
Perez will wear uniform #59.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.