D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
Among the notable players sent to the Minor League camp were relievers Jake Barrett and Matt Stites, as well as infielder Nick Ahmed and veteran catcher Bobby Wilson.
This spring, Barrett, a Mesa, Ariz. native, gave up two runs on seven hits over four innings of work. He recorded a 4.50 ERA and one save.
Stites, who was acquired in the deadline deal that sent Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres in July 2013, made three appearances and gave up two runs on two hits in 2 2/3 innings of work.
As for the four assigned to Triple-A, left-hander reliever Eury De La Rosa and outfielder Alfredo Marte headlined the list.
De La Rosa, who pitched in 19 regular season games in 2013, gave up two runs and struck out four in 3 2/3 innings of work this spring.
While Marte, who appeared in eight games with Arizona last April, hit .455 with one home run and three RBI in eight spring appearances.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.