Sydney Cricket Ground starting to take shape for Diamondbacks, Dodgers
The field for the Arizona Diamondbacks first games of the season is under construction -- literally.
The MLB Twitter account tweeted out a photo of home plate being carved out Tuesday.
The game is less than three weeks away and is beginning to take shape and look like a baseball field (make sure you see the first photo below).
The Diamondbacks will play the Los Angeles Dodgers on March 22 and 23 in Australia for the Opening Series.
On Monday the Diamondbacks announced Patrick Corbin and Trevor Cahill will take the mound on the trip.
There are also a handful of other photos over the past week.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.