Diamondbacks agree to terms with 22 pre-arbitration players
The 22 players signed consist of 14 pitchers, five outfielders, two infielders and a catcher.
Since these players have less than three years experience in the big leagues they will earn the league minimum ($500,000) or slightly higher.
Topping the list is left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin, who will be the team's starter in the first game against the Dodgers in Australia. The 24-year-old won 14 games for the D-backs last year as a rookie.
Fellow left-handed starting pitcher Wade Miley also agreed to terms with the team, as did relief pitcher Addison Reed, who was acquired through a trade with the Chicago White Sox during the offseason.
The D-backs also signed outfielder A.J. Pollock, who started 102 games last year and batted hit .269 with eight home runs 38 RBI.
Didi Gregorius and Chris Owings, who are currently vying for the starting shortstop job, were also among those players signed to contracts.
The other players who signed include pitchers Randall Delgado, Chase Anderson, Charles Brewer, Will Harris, Marcos Mateo, Alex Sanabia, Bo Schultz, Zeke Spruill, Eury De la Rosa, Joe Paterson and Santos Rodriguez; outfielders Tony Campana, Ender Inciarte, Alfredo Marte, and Matt Tuiasosopo; and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.