Diamondbacks agree to terms with 22 pre-arbitration players
The 22 players signed consist of 14 pitchers, five outfielders, two infielders and a catcher.
Since these players have less than three years experience in the big leagues they will earn the league minimum ($500,000) or slightly higher.
Topping the list is left-handed pitcher Patrick Corbin, who will be the team's starter in the first game against the Dodgers in Australia. The 24-year-old won 14 games for the D-backs last year as a rookie.
Fellow left-handed starting pitcher Wade Miley also agreed to terms with the team, as did relief pitcher Addison Reed, who was acquired through a trade with the Chicago White Sox during the offseason.
The D-backs also signed outfielder A.J. Pollock, who started 102 games last year and batted hit .269 with eight home runs 38 RBI.
Didi Gregorius and Chris Owings, who are currently vying for the starting shortstop job, were also among those players signed to contracts.
The other players who signed include pitchers Randall Delgado, Chase Anderson, Charles Brewer, Will Harris, Marcos Mateo, Alex Sanabia, Bo Schultz, Zeke Spruill, Eury De la Rosa, Joe Paterson and Santos Rodriguez; outfielders Tony Campana, Ender Inciarte, Alfredo Marte, and Matt Tuiasosopo; and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.