Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill to start for Diamondbacks in Australia
The D-backs manager made the announcement Monday morning, putting to bed any speculation over who would get the nod for the season-opening series against the Dodgers.
Corbin won 14 games for the D-backs last year, posting a 3.41 ERA and a WHIP of 1.17. It will be the 24-year-old's first career Opening Day start. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, though he struggled to the tune of a 2-1 record with a 5.12 ERA.
Cahill, 26, is in his third season with the team. Last year, he won eight games and had an ERA of 3.99. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, going 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA in those contests.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.