Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill to start for Diamondbacks in Australia
The D-backs manager made the announcement Monday morning, putting to bed any speculation over who would get the nod for the season-opening series against the Dodgers.
Corbin won 14 games for the D-backs last year, posting a 3.41 ERA and a WHIP of 1.17. It will be the 24-year-old's first career Opening Day start. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, though he struggled to the tune of a 2-1 record with a 5.12 ERA.
Cahill, 26, is in his third season with the team. Last year, he won eight games and had an ERA of 3.99. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, going 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA in those contests.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?