Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill to start for Diamondbacks in Australia
The D-backs manager made the announcement Monday morning, putting to bed any speculation over who would get the nod for the season-opening series against the Dodgers.
Corbin won 14 games for the D-backs last year, posting a 3.41 ERA and a WHIP of 1.17. It will be the 24-year-old's first career Opening Day start. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, though he struggled to the tune of a 2-1 record with a 5.12 ERA.
Cahill, 26, is in his third season with the team. Last year, he won eight games and had an ERA of 3.99. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, going 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA in those contests.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.