Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
Diamondbacks players Didi Gregorius, Cody Ross, A.J. Pollock and Brad Ziegler participated in the exhibition and gave the kids new uniforms as part of the D-backs Give Back Jersey Program.
The team's mascot, Baxter, even got in on the action, as D-backs players gave the little sluggers some tips and showed them how it's done.
"I remember when I was (their) age playing ball, and guys came out and helped me," Gregorious said. "For me being here with them was just amazing.
"Maybe they can be the future D-backs. You never know."
John Terry, president of the Ahwatukee Little League, said the Diamondbacks providing jerseys to young teams frees up the league's budget significantly.
"We were able to actually lower our fees and offer a significant discount to our families this year because of that," Terry said. "In addition, we were able to make some significant improvements to our primary field that we play on in Ahwatukee. So we have the Diamondbacks to thank for that."
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.