The Pulse: Bronson Arroyo will win his share of games
From Wednesday to Thursday, we asked how many wins new pitcher Bronson Arroyo will earn this season.
And with 624 votes submitted, it looks like fans think the veteran is in for a solid season.
A total of 319 votes -- or 51 percent -- said the 37-year-old will win between 11 and 15 games, with 196 votes being submitted for a total between six and 10.
Forty-six people are pretty optimistic, saying the former Cincinnati Red will win between 16 and 20 games, while 19 folks must be incredibly excited for the signing, because they think Arroyo will win more than 20 games.
The good news, perhaps, is no one really expects this signing to backfire on the D-backs, as just 44 votes -- for 7 percent -- went to a win total between zero and five.
A veteran of 14 Major League seasons, Arroyo has averaged 13 wins along with a 4.19 ERA with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?