The Pulse: Bronson Arroyo will win his share of games
From Wednesday to Thursday, we asked how many wins new pitcher Bronson Arroyo will earn this season.
And with 624 votes submitted, it looks like fans think the veteran is in for a solid season.
A total of 319 votes -- or 51 percent -- said the 37-year-old will win between 11 and 15 games, with 196 votes being submitted for a total between six and 10.
Forty-six people are pretty optimistic, saying the former Cincinnati Red will win between 16 and 20 games, while 19 folks must be incredibly excited for the signing, because they think Arroyo will win more than 20 games.
The good news, perhaps, is no one really expects this signing to backfire on the D-backs, as just 44 votes -- for 7 percent -- went to a win total between zero and five.
A veteran of 14 Major League seasons, Arroyo has averaged 13 wins along with a 4.19 ERA with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.