The Pulse: Bronson Arroyo will win his share of games
From Wednesday to Thursday, we asked how many wins new pitcher Bronson Arroyo will earn this season.
And with 624 votes submitted, it looks like fans think the veteran is in for a solid season.
A total of 319 votes -- or 51 percent -- said the 37-year-old will win between 11 and 15 games, with 196 votes being submitted for a total between six and 10.
Forty-six people are pretty optimistic, saying the former Cincinnati Red will win between 16 and 20 games, while 19 folks must be incredibly excited for the signing, because they think Arroyo will win more than 20 games.
The good news, perhaps, is no one really expects this signing to backfire on the D-backs, as just 44 votes -- for 7 percent -- went to a win total between zero and five.
A veteran of 14 Major League seasons, Arroyo has averaged 13 wins along with a 4.19 ERA with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.