The Pulse: Bronson Arroyo will win his share of games
From Wednesday to Thursday, we asked how many wins new pitcher Bronson Arroyo will earn this season.
And with 624 votes submitted, it looks like fans think the veteran is in for a solid season.
A total of 319 votes -- or 51 percent -- said the 37-year-old will win between 11 and 15 games, with 196 votes being submitted for a total between six and 10.
Forty-six people are pretty optimistic, saying the former Cincinnati Red will win between 16 and 20 games, while 19 folks must be incredibly excited for the signing, because they think Arroyo will win more than 20 games.
The good news, perhaps, is no one really expects this signing to backfire on the D-backs, as just 44 votes -- for 7 percent -- went to a win total between zero and five.
A veteran of 14 Major League seasons, Arroyo has averaged 13 wins along with a 4.19 ERA with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.