The Pulse: Bronson Arroyo will win his share of games
From Wednesday to Thursday, we asked how many wins new pitcher Bronson Arroyo will earn this season.
And with 624 votes submitted, it looks like fans think the veteran is in for a solid season.
A total of 319 votes -- or 51 percent -- said the 37-year-old will win between 11 and 15 games, with 196 votes being submitted for a total between six and 10.
Forty-six people are pretty optimistic, saying the former Cincinnati Red will win between 16 and 20 games, while 19 folks must be incredibly excited for the signing, because they think Arroyo will win more than 20 games.
The good news, perhaps, is no one really expects this signing to backfire on the D-backs, as just 44 votes -- for 7 percent -- went to a win total between zero and five.
A veteran of 14 Major League seasons, Arroyo has averaged 13 wins along with a 4.19 ERA with the Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.