Updated Feb 12, 2014 - 3:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' manager Kirk Gibson joins Twitter
With those three words -- and one ellipse -- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson officially entered the Twitterverse.
This is what it looked like:
Unreal...so pumped!— Kirk Gibson (@23KGibby) February 12, 2014
The ever-quotable skipper talked about his first foray into the social media world Wednesday.
"When you read it today what did you think about it," Gibson asked the assembled media. "'Unreal...so pumped.' What did you guys visualize?
"Besides saying 'Oh my God, Gibby just tweeted.'"
No, that's about it.
Since joining Twitter in the morning, Gibson has amassed followers at a pretty incredible rate. At the time of this article being written, the 56-year-old amassed nearly 6,000 followers.
And for the record, Gibson is only following just three people: his son Cam along with D-backs media relations folks Josh Rawitch and Casey Wilcox.
Gibson joins Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians as one of the state's "big four" coaches on Twitter, though most of Arizona State's coaches as well as those from the University of Arizona have been communicating with 140 characters or less for a while now.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.