D-backs officially agree to terms with RHP Bronson Arroyo
According to general manager Kevin Towers, the contract is for two years with a club option for 2016.
Arroyo, 36, went 14-12 with a 3.79 ERA in 32 starts for the Cincinnati Reds in 2013. In his 14-year career, Arroyo is 138-127 with a 4.19 ERA in 355 starts for Pittsburgh, Boston and Cincinnati. Maybe most impressively, Arroyo has never appeared on the disabled list in his career.
The Florida native was a member of the Red Sox 2004 World Championship squad and pitched in two games of Boston's four-game World Series sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals. After being traded to Cincinnati in 2006, Arroyo won 17 games for the Reds and was named a National League All-Star for the only time of his career.
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.