Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall reacts to Curt Schilling news
"It's a frightening time for anybody, having gone through it myself," Hall said. "You really have to stay positive and look for the support of your loved ones."
Hall was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in 2011. In early 2013 a blood test came back cancer-free for the first time, and he has been in remission since then.
Cancer is something the Schilling family has battled before as well. Schilling's wife, Shonda, was diagnosed with stage two malignant melanoma back in 2011.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He's a hero who has had a terrific career, but everybody is vulnerable," Hall said. "Everyone, unfortunately, can be impacted by this terrible disease. Now he's got to fight it."
Schilling has not released what type of cancer he was diagnosed with, but said in a statement he vows to fight the disease.
As for what Hall would say to Schilling about his diagnosis?
"This is just one more big win you've got to get," he said. "And I'm sure he can do it."
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.