Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall reacts to Curt Schilling news
"It's a frightening time for anybody, having gone through it myself," Hall said. "You really have to stay positive and look for the support of your loved ones."
Hall was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in 2011. In early 2013 a blood test came back cancer-free for the first time, and he has been in remission since then.
Cancer is something the Schilling family has battled before as well. Schilling's wife, Shonda, was diagnosed with stage two malignant melanoma back in 2011.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He's a hero who has had a terrific career, but everybody is vulnerable," Hall said. "Everyone, unfortunately, can be impacted by this terrible disease. Now he's got to fight it."
Schilling has not released what type of cancer he was diagnosed with, but said in a statement he vows to fight the disease.
As for what Hall would say to Schilling about his diagnosis?
"This is just one more big win you've got to get," he said. "And I'm sure he can do it."
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- D-backs' mystery man David Peralta impresses general manager Kevin Towers
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.