Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall reacts to Curt Schilling news
"It's a frightening time for anybody, having gone through it myself," Hall said. "You really have to stay positive and look for the support of your loved ones."
Hall was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in 2011. In early 2013 a blood test came back cancer-free for the first time, and he has been in remission since then.
Cancer is something the Schilling family has battled before as well. Schilling's wife, Shonda, was diagnosed with stage two malignant melanoma back in 2011.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He's a hero who has had a terrific career, but everybody is vulnerable," Hall said. "Everyone, unfortunately, can be impacted by this terrible disease. Now he's got to fight it."
Schilling has not released what type of cancer he was diagnosed with, but said in a statement he vows to fight the disease.
As for what Hall would say to Schilling about his diagnosis?
"This is just one more big win you've got to get," he said. "And I'm sure he can do it."
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.