The Pulse: D-backs were right to extend Towers and Gibson
Monday, we asked if the Arizona Diamondbacks were right to give contract extensions to manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers.
The answer? Yes, they were.
A total of 543 votes were submitted, and 243 of them -- 45 percent -- were in favor of the move.
The next highest total went to "No, neither earned it," which had 143 votes, or 26 percent.
It would appear most are in favor of the job the skipper is doing, though, as 139 votes went to "Gibson yes, Towers no."
On the flip side, fewer are solely on Team Towers, with just 18 votes -- or three percent -- saying "Towers yes, Gibson no."
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.