The Pulse: D-backs were right to extend Towers and Gibson
Monday, we asked if the Arizona Diamondbacks were right to give contract extensions to manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers.
The answer? Yes, they were.
A total of 543 votes were submitted, and 243 of them -- 45 percent -- were in favor of the move.
The next highest total went to "No, neither earned it," which had 143 votes, or 26 percent.
It would appear most are in favor of the job the skipper is doing, though, as 139 votes went to "Gibson yes, Towers no."
On the flip side, fewer are solely on Team Towers, with just 18 votes -- or three percent -- saying "Towers yes, Gibson no."
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.