The Pulse: D-backs were right to extend Towers and Gibson
Monday, we asked if the Arizona Diamondbacks were right to give contract extensions to manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers.
The answer? Yes, they were.
A total of 543 votes were submitted, and 243 of them -- 45 percent -- were in favor of the move.
The next highest total went to "No, neither earned it," which had 143 votes, or 26 percent.
It would appear most are in favor of the job the skipper is doing, though, as 139 votes went to "Gibson yes, Towers no."
On the flip side, fewer are solely on Team Towers, with just 18 votes -- or three percent -- saying "Towers yes, Gibson no."
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.