Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 4:18 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo apart in pre-arbitration negotiations
When they sign him to a contract, of course.
The outfielder whom was acquired in a deal that saw the team part with pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton is up for salary arbitration, and as of now the two sides are pretty far apart.
"The gap between Trumbo and ourselves is much larger than the one with Parra," D-backs GM Kevin Towers said Monday. It was announced Monday afternoon that the team and Parra agreed to a one-year deal. According to reports, the sides were about $900,000 apart at one point.
Trumbo is coming off a season in which he hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI. In three seasons as a full-time Major Leaguer -- all with the Los Angeles Angels -- he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 282.
"We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing," Towers said. "Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Arizona Diamondbacks to wear special throwback jersey against Chicago Cubs
- Arizona Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers says on-field product is his responsibility
- Didi Gregorius off to hot start with Triple-A Reno
- D-backs GM on pitching struggles: 'I've never seen anything like it'
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.