Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 4:18 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo apart in pre-arbitration negotiations
When they sign him to a contract, of course.
The outfielder whom was acquired in a deal that saw the team part with pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton is up for salary arbitration, and as of now the two sides are pretty far apart.
"The gap between Trumbo and ourselves is much larger than the one with Parra," D-backs GM Kevin Towers said Monday. It was announced Monday afternoon that the team and Parra agreed to a one-year deal. According to reports, the sides were about $900,000 apart at one point.
Trumbo is coming off a season in which he hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI. In three seasons as a full-time Major Leaguer -- all with the Los Angeles Angels -- he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 282.
"We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing," Towers said. "Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.