Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 4:18 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo apart in pre-arbitration negotiations
When they sign him to a contract, of course.
The outfielder whom was acquired in a deal that saw the team part with pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton is up for salary arbitration, and as of now the two sides are pretty far apart.
"The gap between Trumbo and ourselves is much larger than the one with Parra," D-backs GM Kevin Towers said Monday. It was announced Monday afternoon that the team and Parra agreed to a one-year deal. According to reports, the sides were about $900,000 apart at one point.
Trumbo is coming off a season in which he hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI. In three seasons as a full-time Major Leaguer -- all with the Los Angeles Angels -- he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 282.
"We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing," Towers said. "Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.