Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 4:18 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo apart in pre-arbitration negotiations
When they sign him to a contract, of course.
The outfielder whom was acquired in a deal that saw the team part with pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton is up for salary arbitration, and as of now the two sides are pretty far apart.
"The gap between Trumbo and ourselves is much larger than the one with Parra," D-backs GM Kevin Towers said Monday. It was announced Monday afternoon that the team and Parra agreed to a one-year deal. According to reports, the sides were about $900,000 apart at one point.
Trumbo is coming off a season in which he hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI. In three seasons as a full-time Major Leaguer -- all with the Los Angeles Angels -- he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 282.
"We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing," Towers said. "Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.