Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with OF Gerardo Parra
The 26-year-old Parra just completed his fifth year in the Major Leagues, batting .268 with 10 home runs, 48 RBI and 43 doubles, which ranked third in the league. Parra also won a National League Gold Glove Award for the second time in three seasons and was named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year.
The Venezuelan native set a new club record with 17 outfield assists.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but according to reports, Parra had filed an arbitration figure of $5.2 million while the Diamondbacks offered $4.3 million. The midpoint of those two figures, which is often the agreement point when parties avoid arbitration, is $4.75 million.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.