Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with OF Gerardo Parra
The 26-year-old Parra just completed his fifth year in the Major Leagues, batting .268 with 10 home runs, 48 RBI and 43 doubles, which ranked third in the league. Parra also won a National League Gold Glove Award for the second time in three seasons and was named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year.
The Venezuelan native set a new club record with 17 outfield assists.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but according to reports, Parra had filed an arbitration figure of $5.2 million while the Diamondbacks offered $4.3 million. The midpoint of those two figures, which is often the agreement point when parties avoid arbitration, is $4.75 million.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.