The Pulse: D-backs fans expect Archie Bradley to make the rotation
Thursday, we asked if Archie Bradley will open the 2014 season as a member of the Arizona Diamondbacks' starting rotation.
A total of 343 votes were submitted, and the overwhelming majority of readers believe the right-hander will be part of the rotation when the season begins.
In all, 257 -- or 75 percent -- of votes went that way, with just 58 (17 percent) believing the former first-round pick is not ready to be a big league pitcher.
Selected 7th overall in 2011 out of high school, Bradley has compiled a 26-11 record with a 2.76 ERA in 290 minor league innings.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.