Arizona Diamondbacks, Joe Thatcher agree to one-year deal
The 32-year-old was originally acquired as part of the deal that sent starting pitcher Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres, and went on to pitch in 22 games (9.1 innings) with the team, posting a 0-1 record with a 6.75 ERA.
Thatcher made a career-high 72 appearances between the D-backs and Padres last season, posting a 3-2 record and a 3.20 ERA in 39.1 innings of work.
The left-hander had spent his entire MLB career with the Padres before coming to Arizona, and has a career record of 8-12 with a 3.34 ERA.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.