Arizona Diamondbacks, Joe Thatcher agree to one-year deal
The 32-year-old was originally acquired as part of the deal that sent starting pitcher Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres, and went on to pitch in 22 games (9.1 innings) with the team, posting a 0-1 record with a 6.75 ERA.
Thatcher made a career-high 72 appearances between the D-backs and Padres last season, posting a 3-2 record and a 3.20 ERA in 39.1 innings of work.
The left-hander had spent his entire MLB career with the Padres before coming to Arizona, and has a career record of 8-12 with a 3.34 ERA.
- Agent: 'I think a guy like Archie Bradley warrants that opportunity'
- Braves vs Phillies postponed by rain
- No Drew: Steinbrenner: 'I'm pretty content'
- ESPN Insider Keith Law paints dark picture for D-backs' future
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter can't stop bleeding, D-backs extend skid to season high-tying 4 games
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?