Arizona Diamondbacks claim Santos Rodriguez
A 25-year-old left-hander, Rodriguez went 2-0 with a 4.91 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 33 relief appearances with Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte in 2013. Opponents hit .204 off him, and he averaged 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
Rodriguez is 6-foot-6 and 190 pounds, and over the course of his career has gone 11-10 with 21 saves and a 3.63 ERA in 195 games.
He has spent time in the Atlanta Braves organization, too, after originally being signed by the team as a free agent on Sept. 28, 2006.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.