Arizona Diamondbacks claim Santos Rodriguez
A 25-year-old left-hander, Rodriguez went 2-0 with a 4.91 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 33 relief appearances with Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte in 2013. Opponents hit .204 off him, and he averaged 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
Rodriguez is 6-foot-6 and 190 pounds, and over the course of his career has gone 11-10 with 21 saves and a 3.63 ERA in 195 games.
He has spent time in the Atlanta Braves organization, too, after originally being signed by the team as a free agent on Sept. 28, 2006.
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks are no easy fix, but who should get the chance?
- Debut in the books, Mike Bolsinger prepares for first start
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.