The Pulse: D-backs fans don't expect Tanaka
The question on Jan. 1 was, "Do you think the Diamondbacks will end up acquiring P Masahiro Tanaka?"
Fans could choose "yes," "no" or "maybe," and after 543 votes were submitted, it appears D-backs fans are not optimistic about the team's chances in the Tanaka sweepstakes.
Of the votes, 360 (or 66 percent) were for "no," with "maybe" earning 108 (20 percent). Only 14 percent of those who responded think the D-backs will land the 25-year-old hurler who posted a 24-0 record to go along with a 1.27 ERA in the Nippon Professional Baseball League last season.
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.