The Pulse: 'Let's wait and see' on Addison Reed-Matt Davidson trade
Tuesday, we asked what our readers thought of the recent trade that sent Arizona Diamondbacks third baseman Matt Davidson to the Chicago White Sox in exchange for closer Addison Reed. The choices were I like it, closer was a weak position in 2013, I like it, Davidson wasn't going to play here, I don't like it, closers are a dime a dozen, I don't like it, Matt Davidson will be a star and Not sure, let's wait and see.
In one of the closest polls ArizonaSports.com has ever conducted, 31 percent of the 750 votes were in favor of the 'Wait and See' approach when it comes to the deal, while 30 percent thought it was a good deal because it addressed a position of need.
- Arizona Diamondbacks trade Gerardo Parra to Milwaukee Brewers for prospects Mitch Haniger and Anthony Banda
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.