Arizona Diamondbacks sign veteran catcher Henry Blanco to minor-league deal
The team inked the veteran catcher to a minor-league deal Friday, that includes an invite to spring training.
Blanco spent two seasons with the organization in 2011-12, serving as Miguel Montero's backup. In that span, Blanco hit nine home runs and 19 RBI.
In 2013, Blanco hit .142 with three home runs and 14 RBI with the Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
If he cracks the 25-man roster out of camp, Blanco will have a total of 13 stops to his name during a 16-year career.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.