Arizona Diamondbacks sign veteran catcher Henry Blanco to minor-league deal
The team inked the veteran catcher to a minor-league deal Friday, that includes an invite to spring training.
Blanco spent two seasons with the organization in 2011-12, serving as Miguel Montero's backup. In that span, Blanco hit nine home runs and 19 RBI.
In 2013, Blanco hit .142 with three home runs and 14 RBI with the Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
If he cracks the 25-man roster out of camp, Blanco will have a total of 13 stops to his name during a 16-year career.
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.