Arizona Diamondbacks acquire 3 as players to be named later from December trades
Jacobs comes from the Chicago White Sox and Schugel from the Los Angeles Angels as part of the Dec. 10 trade that saw the Diamondbacks also receive outfielder Mark Trumbo while dealing pitcher Tyler Skaggs to the Angels and outfielder Adam Eaton to the White Sox.
Glaesmann comes from the Tampa Bay Rays as part of the Dec. 3 trade where the D-backs unloaded pitcher Heath Bell and cash to Tampa Bay, as well as pitcher David Holmberg to the Cincinnati Reds. The Diamondbacks also received minor league pitcher Justin Choate in the deal.
Glaesmann, 23, was a third-round pick in 2009 and was the Rays' 2012 minor league player of the year. Prior to the 2013 season, Baseball America rated him as the best power hitter in the Rays' farm system. The outfielder struggled in Double-A in 2013, posting a .240 batting average and .289 on-base percentage. Glaesmann has mostly played the corner outfield positions in his minor league career, but he has seen some time in center as well.
Jacobs, 23, combined to hit .244 in 2013 -- including 33 doubles, 13 home runs and 66 RBI in 127 games -- for Single- and Double-A affiliates of the White Sox and Boston Red Sox. He was selected in the 10th round of the 2009 draft, and entered the 2013 season as the 11th-best prospect in Boston's farm system.
The 23-year-old Schugel made 19 starts with Triple-A Salt Lake in 2013, posting a 4-6 record and 7.05 ERA. In 2012, he led the Texas League with a 2.89 ERA while starting 27 games and pitching 140.1 innings. He was picked in the 25th round of the 2010 draft, and is a former infielder for Central Arizona College.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.