Arizona Diamondbacks acquire 3 as players to be named later from December trades
Jacobs comes from the Chicago White Sox and Schugel from the Los Angeles Angels as part of the Dec. 10 trade that saw the Diamondbacks also receive outfielder Mark Trumbo while dealing pitcher Tyler Skaggs to the Angels and outfielder Adam Eaton to the White Sox.
Glaesmann comes from the Tampa Bay Rays as part of the Dec. 3 trade where the D-backs unloaded pitcher Heath Bell and cash to Tampa Bay, as well as pitcher David Holmberg to the Cincinnati Reds. The Diamondbacks also received minor league pitcher Justin Choate in the deal.
Glaesmann, 23, was a third-round pick in 2009 and was the Rays' 2012 minor league player of the year. Prior to the 2013 season, Baseball America rated him as the best power hitter in the Rays' farm system. The outfielder struggled in Double-A in 2013, posting a .240 batting average and .289 on-base percentage. Glaesmann has mostly played the corner outfield positions in his minor league career, but he has seen some time in center as well.
Jacobs, 23, combined to hit .244 in 2013 -- including 33 doubles, 13 home runs and 66 RBI in 127 games -- for Single- and Double-A affiliates of the White Sox and Boston Red Sox. He was selected in the 10th round of the 2009 draft, and entered the 2013 season as the 11th-best prospect in Boston's farm system.
The 23-year-old Schugel made 19 starts with Triple-A Salt Lake in 2013, posting a 4-6 record and 7.05 ERA. In 2012, he led the Texas League with a 2.89 ERA while starting 27 games and pitching 140.1 innings. He was picked in the 25th round of the 2010 draft, and is a former infielder for Central Arizona College.
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.