Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 4:49 pm
The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
Tuesday we asked our readers to grade the trade the Arizona Diamondbacks completed at the Winter Meetings. The D-backs acquired slugger Mark Trumbo from the Angels in a three-way trade that sent left-handed pitcher Tyler Skaggs to Los Angeles and outfielder Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox.
Of the 938 votes cast, an overwhelming 80 percent of respondents gave the deal a grade of 'C' or better, with the majority of voters (41 percent) gave it a 'B'.
Despite the criticism that has been lobbed at general manager Kevin Towers, only 9 percent gave the trade a grad of 'F'.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.