Updated Dec 11, 2013 - 4:49 pm
The Pulse: D-backs fans like the Trumbo trade
Tuesday we asked our readers to grade the trade the Arizona Diamondbacks completed at the Winter Meetings. The D-backs acquired slugger Mark Trumbo from the Angels in a three-way trade that sent left-handed pitcher Tyler Skaggs to Los Angeles and outfielder Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox.
Of the 938 votes cast, an overwhelming 80 percent of respondents gave the deal a grade of 'C' or better, with the majority of voters (41 percent) gave it a 'B'.
Despite the criticism that has been lobbed at general manager Kevin Towers, only 9 percent gave the trade a grad of 'F'.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?