Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:24 pm
Report: D-backs after free agent pitcher Joba Chamberlain
Chamberlain missed much of the 2012 season with a freak broken leg he suffered on a trampoline
He's compiled a 3.85 ERA over 260 career games -- 43 of which were starts -- all of which came with the New York Yankees. The hard-throwing right-hander averages a strikeout per inning, though he's walked almost four batters per nine innings.
The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder struggled in his lone season as a starter. In 2009, 31 of his 32 appearances came in the rotation, but he went 9-6 with a 4.75 ERA while his strikeout numbers dropped and his walk ration and WHIP skyrocketed.
Chamberlain has a 2.87 postseason ERA over 19 appearances, and the D-backs haven't been shy about their desire to upgrade a bullpen that was a weakness last year.
Though Olney linked Chamberlain to the D-backs, there have been a pair of reports saying that his report is false.
Report on an offer to Joba by Arizona totally false.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 10, 2013
High-ranking #Dbacks official says no offer has been made to Joba Chamberlain.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) December 10, 2013
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.