Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:24 pm
Report: D-backs after free agent pitcher Joba Chamberlain
Chamberlain missed much of the 2012 season with a freak broken leg he suffered on a trampoline
He's compiled a 3.85 ERA over 260 career games -- 43 of which were starts -- all of which came with the New York Yankees. The hard-throwing right-hander averages a strikeout per inning, though he's walked almost four batters per nine innings.
The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder struggled in his lone season as a starter. In 2009, 31 of his 32 appearances came in the rotation, but he went 9-6 with a 4.75 ERA while his strikeout numbers dropped and his walk ration and WHIP skyrocketed.
Chamberlain has a 2.87 postseason ERA over 19 appearances, and the D-backs haven't been shy about their desire to upgrade a bullpen that was a weakness last year.
Though Olney linked Chamberlain to the D-backs, there have been a pair of reports saying that his report is false.
Report on an offer to Joba by Arizona totally false.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 10, 2013
High-ranking #Dbacks official says no offer has been made to Joba Chamberlain.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) December 10, 2013
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.