Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
Bryk and McCullough, led by scouting director Ray Montgomery, have been instrumental in the Diamondbacks' ascent up the organization rankings ladder over the previous few years. In October, Baseball America had the Diamondbacks' farm system ranked ninth among all major league organizations in terms of prospect impact potential.
The other scout named among the publication's top three was also from the National League West, with Doug Mapson of the San Francisco Giants getting the honor.
Thanks in part to the work of Bryk and McCullough, the Diamondbacks are loaded with highly tradable prospects as general manager Kevin Towers and other front office representatives head to Orlando for Major League Baseball's annual winter meetings.
Towers: "we have the prospects to get anyone that is available." #diamondbacks— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 9, 2013
As New York Post baseball columnist reports from Orlando, the Diamondbacks GM believes he has the talent to land any player on the trading block that he desires, with his most untouchable assets being his 2013 All-Stars -- Paul Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin. And, as was seen in last winter's blockbuster trade, which sent franchise cornerstone Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves, Towers isn't afraid to deal.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.