Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 3:40 pm
D-backs' Brad Ziegler lashes out at PED users
And, physique aside, Ziegler's tweets seem to further evidence the fact that he's not a performance enhancing drug user.
On Monday, Ziegler lashed out on Twitter after it was announced that shortstop Jhonny Peralta -- who was among the players caught up in the Biogenesis scandal, ultimately being handed a 50-game suspension -- had signed a four-year, $50 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Ziegler later criticized the length of suspensions handed to those who violate baseball's performance enhancing drug policy, question the harshness of the penalty.
People really don't understand how this works. We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it's not. So we are working on it again.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) November 24, 2013
Ziegler is the Diamondbacks player union representative, signed with the team through the end of the 2014 season.
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?