Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 3:40 pm
D-backs' Brad Ziegler lashes out at PED users
And, physique aside, Ziegler's tweets seem to further evidence the fact that he's not a performance enhancing drug user.
On Monday, Ziegler lashed out on Twitter after it was announced that shortstop Jhonny Peralta -- who was among the players caught up in the Biogenesis scandal, ultimately being handed a 50-game suspension -- had signed a four-year, $50 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Ziegler later criticized the length of suspensions handed to those who violate baseball's performance enhancing drug policy, question the harshness of the penalty.
People really don't understand how this works. We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it's not. So we are working on it again.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) November 24, 2013
Ziegler is the Diamondbacks player union representative, signed with the team through the end of the 2014 season.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.