Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 3:40 pm
D-backs' Brad Ziegler lashes out at PED users
And, physique aside, Ziegler's tweets seem to further evidence the fact that he's not a performance enhancing drug user.
On Monday, Ziegler lashed out on Twitter after it was announced that shortstop Jhonny Peralta -- who was among the players caught up in the Biogenesis scandal, ultimately being handed a 50-game suspension -- had signed a four-year, $50 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Ziegler later criticized the length of suspensions handed to those who violate baseball's performance enhancing drug policy, question the harshness of the penalty.
People really don't understand how this works. We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it's not. So we are working on it again.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) November 24, 2013
Ziegler is the Diamondbacks player union representative, signed with the team through the end of the 2014 season.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.