The Pulse: Fans think Diamondbacks need rotation help
The latest question, asked on Nov. 12, was "What is the Arizona Diamondbacks' biggest need this offseason?"
The choices were, "Starting pitching," "Setup relievers," "Closer," "Power bat" and "other."
A total of 382 votes were submitted, with "Starting pitching" being the runaway winner, with 193 votes -- or 51 percent.
Coming in second was a "Power bat," though that garnered 104 votes, good enough for just 27 percent.
In third place was "Closer," which earned 48 votes, followed up by "Setup relievers," which tallied 32. Only one percent of the votes went to "Other."
So, what does this tell us? For all the money and effort that went into assembling the D-backs' starting rotation in 2013, it appears most fans think there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.