Updated Nov 13, 2013 - 8:10 am
Report: Diamondbacks have interest in Cubs outfielder Nate Schierholtz
Diamondbacks would like to add a corner bat and have interest in trading for Cubs OF Nate Schierholtz, sources say. @FOXSports1— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 13, 2013
Morosi's sources tell him the D-backs have interest in adding some power to one of their corner outfield positions.
Schierholtz is a seven-year right fielder who batted .251 and hit 21 home runs, 32 doubles and 68 RBI in 462 at-bats in 2013, his first season with Chicago.
No word yet on what the D-backs might be willing to offer to acquire the 29-year-old outfielder.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.