D-backs take home more defensive awards
The Diamondbacks announced Thursday that Gerardo Parra has been named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year while the team was named Wilson's NL Defensive Team of the Year.
Parra led all Major League outfielders with 17 assists while the Diamondbacks made a National League-low 75 errors and had a league-best .988 fielding percentage. Parra and Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt won a Rawlings Gold Glove Award.
The award, which was created in 2012, combines scouting information, sabermetric analysis and basic fielding statistics, according to a press release. Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia won the AL Defensive Player of the Year while the Kansas City Royals and Baltimore Orioles tied for the team award.
The 2012 individual winners were Michael Bourn and Mike Trout and the Atlanta Braves were the Defensive Team of the Year.
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.