D-backs take home more defensive awards
The Diamondbacks announced Thursday that Gerardo Parra has been named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year while the team was named Wilson's NL Defensive Team of the Year.
Parra led all Major League outfielders with 17 assists while the Diamondbacks made a National League-low 75 errors and had a league-best .988 fielding percentage. Parra and Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt won a Rawlings Gold Glove Award.
The award, which was created in 2012, combines scouting information, sabermetric analysis and basic fielding statistics, according to a press release. Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia won the AL Defensive Player of the Year while the Kansas City Royals and Baltimore Orioles tied for the team award.
The 2012 individual winners were Michael Bourn and Mike Trout and the Atlanta Braves were the Defensive Team of the Year.
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first basemen - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.