Owings, Bradley named Topps Players of the Year
Owings, a shortstop who played the majority of the season with Triple-A Reno, led the Pacific Coast League in hits with 180 and runs at 104. He was also named the PCL's Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year for 2013, in addition to being selected as the D-backs Organizational Player of the Year.
Bradley, who pitched for Double-A Mobile in the Southern League, was 12-5 sporting a 1.97 ERA while pitching for BayBears. The right-hander was named the D-backs's Minor League Pitcher of the Year and is widely considered one of the top pitching prospects in baseball.
The D-backs were tied for second with two Topps Players of the Year, behind only the Baltimore Orioles, who had three players with the honor.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.