Three Arizona Diamondbacks are finalists for Gold Glove Awards
Pitcher Patrick Corbin, first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and right fielder Gerardo Parra are all in contention, giving them what is now a one-in-three shot of taking home the hardware.
A Gold Glove Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the best defender at his respective position. The voting is done by the league's managers and up to six coaches on their staff, all of whom are asked to pick from a pool of qualified players in their league without selecting someone on their own team.
Should the D-backs' players win, it would be the first time for both Corbin and Goldschmidt. Parra won a Gold Glove in 2011 for his work in left field.
The winners will be announced during "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.