Three Arizona Diamondbacks are finalists for Gold Glove Awards
Pitcher Patrick Corbin, first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and right fielder Gerardo Parra are all in contention, giving them what is now a one-in-three shot of taking home the hardware.
A Gold Glove Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the best defender at his respective position. The voting is done by the league's managers and up to six coaches on their staff, all of whom are asked to pick from a pool of qualified players in their league without selecting someone on their own team.
Should the D-backs' players win, it would be the first time for both Corbin and Goldschmidt. Parra won a Gold Glove in 2011 for his work in left field.
The winners will be announced during "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.