Three Arizona Diamondbacks are finalists for Gold Glove Awards
Pitcher Patrick Corbin, first baseman Paul Goldschmidt and right fielder Gerardo Parra are all in contention, giving them what is now a one-in-three shot of taking home the hardware.
A Gold Glove Award is given annually to the player deemed to be the best defender at his respective position. The voting is done by the league's managers and up to six coaches on their staff, all of whom are asked to pick from a pool of qualified players in their league without selecting someone on their own team.
Should the D-backs' players win, it would be the first time for both Corbin and Goldschmidt. Parra won a Gold Glove in 2011 for his work in left field.
The winners will be announced during "Baseball Tonight" on ESPN Tuesday, Oct. 29 at 5:00 p.m. Arizona time.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.