AP source: Reds choose Price for next manager
CINCINNATI (AP) - The Reds have chosen pitching coach Bryan Price to replace Dusty Baker as their next manager, according to a person familiar with the decision.
The club plans to introduce the 51-year-old Price at a news conference later Tuesday. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no announcement had been made.
The Cincinnati Enquirer first reported the decision.
Price has never managed at any level. He's been the Reds' pitching coach for the last four seasons, helping them develop one of the best staffs in the majors. Previously, he was the pitching coach for the Mariners and Diamondbacks.
Baker was fired despite getting the Reds to the playoffs three times in the last four years. Cincinnati failed to win a playoff series, prompting the switch.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.