Updated Oct 16, 2013 - 2:10 pm
Hitting coach Don Baylor to leave Diamondbacks, join Angels
The Arizona Diamondbacks will have another new face added to their coaching staff for 2014.
According to reports, hitting coach Don Baylor will be joining the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Baylor had been with the Diamondbacks since the 2011 season, following a two-year stint in the same position with the Colorado Rockies. He played six seasons with the Angels from 1977 to 1982, winning the American League MVP in 1979.
The 64-year-old becomes the third coach to leave the Diamondbacks' staff after pitching coach Charles Nagy and first base coach Steve Sax were let go last week.
The Diamondbacks had said they asked all of their other coaches to return.
Assistant hitting coach Turner Ward was one of those and he may be the person in line to replace Baylor. He joined the team last season.
Ward had managed the Diamondbacks' Double-A team in Mobile the two previous seasons.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?