Updated Oct 16, 2013 - 2:10 pm
Hitting coach Don Baylor to leave Diamondbacks, join Angels
The Arizona Diamondbacks will have another new face added to their coaching staff for 2014.
According to reports, hitting coach Don Baylor will be joining the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Baylor had been with the Diamondbacks since the 2011 season, following a two-year stint in the same position with the Colorado Rockies. He played six seasons with the Angels from 1977 to 1982, winning the American League MVP in 1979.
The 64-year-old becomes the third coach to leave the Diamondbacks' staff after pitching coach Charles Nagy and first base coach Steve Sax were let go last week.
The Diamondbacks had said they asked all of their other coaches to return.
Assistant hitting coach Turner Ward was one of those and he may be the person in line to replace Baylor. He joined the team last season.
Ward had managed the Diamondbacks' Double-A team in Mobile the two previous seasons.
- Could injuries force Archie Bradley into the starting rotation?
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill leaves early with knee injury vs. Cleveland
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 12Will Archie Bradley make the starting rotation?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.