Updated Oct 16, 2013 - 2:10 pm
Hitting coach Don Baylor to leave Diamondbacks, join Angels
The Arizona Diamondbacks will have another new face added to their coaching staff for 2014.
According to reports, hitting coach Don Baylor will be joining the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Baylor had been with the Diamondbacks since the 2011 season, following a two-year stint in the same position with the Colorado Rockies. He played six seasons with the Angels from 1977 to 1982, winning the American League MVP in 1979.
The 64-year-old becomes the third coach to leave the Diamondbacks' staff after pitching coach Charles Nagy and first base coach Steve Sax were let go last week.
The Diamondbacks had said they asked all of their other coaches to return.
Assistant hitting coach Turner Ward was one of those and he may be the person in line to replace Baylor. He joined the team last season.
Ward had managed the Diamondbacks' Double-A team in Mobile the two previous seasons.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.