Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 10:52 am
Diamondbacks GM: No other team would have celebrated like Dodgers did
The Dodgers split the four-game series with the D-backs, with Thursday's 7-6 victory clinching the NL West.
A new report has surfaced that says a few of the boys in blue may have done more than swim, but the entire scene was one Towers did not enjoy watching.
"I don't think any of us had any problem with them celebrating on the field, which they should have, they won the division, that was their right," the GM said. "But I think we all feel they took it a little far, jumped in the pool.
"Take your business inside after that."
Towers said teams can and should celebrate however they'd like when in their own ballpark, but the Dodgers were on the road and taking the party to the pool was out of line. And, he said, something no other team would have done.
"We kind of talked internally, I don't think there's anybody else in the NL West, the Giants, the Rockies, the Padres that would have done what they did," he said. "The New York Yankees, do you see them jumping in our pool after beating the Diamondbacks? No. To me it didn't show a lot of class. I don't think it's right and I think they're the only club that would have done something like that and it's something we won't forget.
"If that's how they want to be perceived as an organization, great."
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.