Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 10:52 am
Diamondbacks GM: No other team would have celebrated like Dodgers did
The Dodgers split the four-game series with the D-backs, with Thursday's 7-6 victory clinching the NL West.
A new report has surfaced that says a few of the boys in blue may have done more than swim, but the entire scene was one Towers did not enjoy watching.
"I don't think any of us had any problem with them celebrating on the field, which they should have, they won the division, that was their right," the GM said. "But I think we all feel they took it a little far, jumped in the pool.
"Take your business inside after that."
Towers said teams can and should celebrate however they'd like when in their own ballpark, but the Dodgers were on the road and taking the party to the pool was out of line. And, he said, something no other team would have done.
"We kind of talked internally, I don't think there's anybody else in the NL West, the Giants, the Rockies, the Padres that would have done what they did," he said. "The New York Yankees, do you see them jumping in our pool after beating the Diamondbacks? No. To me it didn't show a lot of class. I don't think it's right and I think they're the only club that would have done something like that and it's something we won't forget.
"If that's how they want to be perceived as an organization, great."
- ESPN analyst Kurkjian: Arizona Diamondbacks 'not doing anything right'
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.