Updated Sep 24, 2013 - 10:52 am
Diamondbacks GM: No other team would have celebrated like Dodgers did
The Dodgers split the four-game series with the D-backs, with Thursday's 7-6 victory clinching the NL West.
A new report has surfaced that says a few of the boys in blue may have done more than swim, but the entire scene was one Towers did not enjoy watching.
"I don't think any of us had any problem with them celebrating on the field, which they should have, they won the division, that was their right," the GM said. "But I think we all feel they took it a little far, jumped in the pool.
"Take your business inside after that."
Towers said teams can and should celebrate however they'd like when in their own ballpark, but the Dodgers were on the road and taking the party to the pool was out of line. And, he said, something no other team would have done.
"We kind of talked internally, I don't think there's anybody else in the NL West, the Giants, the Rockies, the Padres that would have done what they did," he said. "The New York Yankees, do you see them jumping in our pool after beating the Diamondbacks? No. To me it didn't show a lot of class. I don't think it's right and I think they're the only club that would have done something like that and it's something we won't forget.
"If that's how they want to be perceived as an organization, great."
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.