ESPN study names D-backs No. 1 MLB franchise
The fans have taken notice.
The D-backs announced Thursday that they have been named the No. 1 franchise in Major League Baseball and No. 6 of 122 organizations in the four major U.S. sports by ESPN. The rankings are based off results from fan surveys and financial analysis, and focus on eight categories, such as fan relations, affordability, bang for the buck, stadium experience, players, ownership, title track and coaching.
The full rankings will be released in Friday's issue of ESPN the Magazine.
"This honor is particularly rewarding because it is decided upon primarily by the fans," Hall said in a press release. "We're extremely proud to be recognized in this fashion."
The D-backs ranked second among MLB franchises and 10th overall last year.
Team Marketing Report has named the D-backs the most affordable for families for seven consecutive years, and the D-backs were the first sports organization to be named "Best Places to Work" by the Phoenix Business Journal and BestCompaniesAZ.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.