Diamondbacks reliever Reynolds to undergo Tommy John surgery
He has not pitched since June 9, though, due to a tear of his ulnar collateral ligament.
Monday it was reported by MLB.com's Tyler Emerick that the left-hander will need Tommy John surgery.
Reynolds, who first sustained the injury in June, had been close to making a return to the D-backs' bullpen this month when discomfort in the elbow forced him to abruptly end a simulated game on Thursday.
The 28-year-old Reynolds, who was acquired via a trade with the Colorado Rockies, underwent an MRI and met with team doctors before deciding surgery would be the next step.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.