Diamondbacks offer league's second cheapest beer, according to report
According to a report as part of Team Marketing's 2013 Fan Cost Index, the D-backs charge an average of just 29 cents for an ounce of beer, well under the league average of 38.9 cents per ounce. The team is known for its $4 value beer, considered by Team Marketing to be the cheapest beer in baseball.
The only team that offers a cheaper option is the Los Angeles Angels, who sell their beer at an average of 28 cents per ounce. At the top of the list, charging 60 cents per ounce, sit the Boston Red Sox, which may not come as a shock to anyone that's visited Fenway Park.
This isn't the first time the D-backs have done well in one of these studies. In Team Marketing's report for the 2012 season that came out in April, the D-backs were given the lowest Fan Cost Index in baseball, a statistic they developed describing the cost of what they consider an expected cost for a family trip to the ballgame.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.