Arizona Diamondbacks call up top prospect Chris Owings, others from Triple-A Reno
Infielder Chris Owings, who was recently named the MVP of the Pacific Coast League, was one of three players the team called up from Triple-A Reno Tuesday, with infielder Matt Davidson and catcher Tuffy Gosewisch being the others.
Owings, 22, hit .330 with 31 doubles, eight triples and 12 home runs for the Aces. He drove in 81.
This will be the second stint with the D-backs for Davidson, who hit .179 with two RBI in 12 games with the team, and Gosewisch, who batted .185 in eight games with the team.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.